Apply now The Solution Automotive
Salary: £30000 – £45000 per annum
We’re looking to recruit an experienced General Sales Manager for our clients franchised motorbike dealership.
£35,000 basic salary, OTE £45,000
The role of the General Sales Manager is to support the Head of business in delivering the key business performance indicators in Sales/Aftersales/Customer satisfaction/staff satisfaction.
You will support the team to deliver the strategy to increase revenue and profit in all areas of the business in accordance with a growth plan, formulating retailer policies in compliance with legal and manufacturer guidelines and controlling the cash flow, stocks and assets to achieve a satisfactory return on investment.
To support the head of business and wider team to ensure the retailer is adequately staffed, generating enthusiasm for the Brand Guiding Principles and Brand Values, ensuring managers and staff are committed to customer satisfaction and process excellence.
* Ensure the sales team have full knowledge and understanding of product, promotional and marketing activities, and communicate visions and goals to staff by planning and preparing thoroughly for the daily sales meeting.
* Ensure the aftersales team have comprehensive knowledge and understanding of service core process, systems access and brand initiatives and requirements
* Support the service manager to deliver an easy and enjoyable experience to every customer, initiated by a warm welcome, regularly updated and concluding in a thorough explanation of the invoice and complete customer satisfaction
* Increase market penetration through effective planned marketing to support business growth.
* Conduct a detailed induction with all new personnel and continue to monitor achievements and review individual’s performance through the company’s development review process.
* Take a pro-active interest in training and developing team members, developing skills to support improvements in job performance and to aid career advancement.
* Control and finalise all sales deals including new car orders, part exchange valuations, purchase pricing, and customer discounts.
* Ensure that all forms, invoices etc, required in the Sales Process are completed correctly.
* Develop strategies, objectives and action plans to increase business and ensure maximum profitability and volume sales targets are achieved and exceeded.
* Identify clearly the area of marketing and responsibility and ensure relevant knowledge of demographics, using information available from the manufacturer.
* Plan, oversee and monitor the completion and success of sales campaigns, advertising and promotional activities to maximise car and extras sales and also create a positive and professional image of the retailer.
* Analyse current procedures to identify opportunities for improvements.
* Work to constantly improve the quality of customer service, in accordance with Brand guidelines.
* Address all Sales issues relation to Customer Satisfaction including defining corrective measures, allocating responsibilities and monitoring their progress through to successful completion.
* Undertake all other duties and responsibilities as requested by the Brand Manager.
* Create and maintain a professional retail image through positive media exposure.
* Ensure adherence to Brand operating policies and guidelines, including Retail and Wholesale standards.
* Ensure all retailer employees and contractors operate within the law at all times.
* Review pricing/discounting policies regularly.
* Ensure adherence to Health and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
* Develop and maintain relationships with Brand representatives, professional bodies, suppliers, statutory representatives.
* Work with Brand manager to examine accounts, operating controls and composite figures to monitor performance, plan improvements and allow corrective action to be taken.
* Communicate enthusiasm for the brand to all retailer staff and customers.
* Regularly review and communicate customer satisfaction results.
* Previous experience in a similar role in the motor industry.
* Proven track record in managing people and systems.
* Experience / knowledge of modern business methods and controls.
* Current driving license.
Apply in confidence today!
Please ensure your CV is up to date with address and contact details.
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment has been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships.
If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you’ll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant!
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.
Apply now The Solution Automotive