Apply now Thomas Hardie Commercials Limited
Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is a main distributor for Volvo Truck, Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England and North Wales.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and our aims are to be the best supplier to the best customers and to be the best employer to the best employees.
Thomas Hardie prides ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time. We value our people highly and want to invest in them by providing the right levels of support and skills required to really make a difference in the products and services which we provide. Training and development are an integral part of our business and we regard the development of our employees as fundamentally important.
Working for us you would be representing a brand whose industry-leading innovations make you proud as well as working for an award-winning employer who have been named Volvo’s Dealer of the Year for an impressive 3 years running!
Are you ready to share your talent and enthusiasm with us?
We currently have a career development opportunity for a conscientious and enthusiastic individual in the capacity of Group Facilities, Procurement & Fleet Manager, working Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm, location to be confirmed upon appointment.
Reporting to the Managing Director the successful candidate will be responsible for taking the business forward by providing vision, inspiration, and professionalism of the highest standard.
The main purpose of the role is to a develop and implement purchasing strategies for the THC group (premises/assets/vehicles) and to ensure that the company and organisation, whilst sourcing quality and affordable, competitive products and prices in a reasonable time and ensuring budgets are adhered too and operates profitably, whilst working with other Managers in determining what is required, and to ensure best deals achieved for investments required and make recommendations about property upgrades and work towards achieving agreed decisions and ensuring procurements and investments comply with all Group H&S and Environmental requirements, and the management of vehicle fleet (cars, vans and Customer Support Vehicles).
Other duties will include:
- Manage group vehicle procurements (including finance and R&M recommendations)
- Manage group vehicle disposals and de-fleet in conjunction with the Used Vehicle Manger and Manage vehicle standards
- Manage property investments (replacements/ renewals/ H&S related items/ design/ efficiency)
- Ensure Volvo Group QR challenges are met in relation to property standards and all vehicles
- Together with relevant managers and individual supply chain ensure maximum output and cost effectiveness for the following but not limited to – Lighting, Security System and Heating in all locations
- Manage procurement of assets required to operate our business effectively
- Manage supplier base to ensure we get value for money and high quality of supply
- General office duties/filing/reports and any other ad hoc duties.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Highest standards of integrity, Commercial awareness and Team working
- Detailed understanding of vehicles required to operate the varied objectives of the group
- Detailed understanding of the group’s property equipment & tools required to operate the varied objectives for the group
- Detailed understanding of the business model
- Detailed understanding of Volvo Trucks and Buses QR standards and Operating procedures
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills, Strategic Planning Ability and Project Management
- Be IT literate and have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications i.e., Word, Excel.
- Be flexible and well organised approach to work, changing priorities and work well under pressure and on their own initiative.
- To be enthusiastic and motivated and looking to develop their own skills with attention to detail.
- To act professionally at all times and communicate effectively with different target groups.
- A full and current UK driving licence.
- We offer class leading and competitive rates of pay
- Company sick pay scheme.
- Personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity benefits.
- Loyalty holidays.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities.
Apply now Thomas Hardie Commercials Limited