Apply now Calex UK Limited
Calex is pleased to announce a new opportunity to join the Mazda Apprenticeship Programme as a Lead Apprentice Programme Trainer based near Bedford.
This growing programme is well established, and supports learners to undertake formal, funded apprenticeships, in a variety of automotive specialisms.
The main objective of the role is to support the Programme Manager to supervise the Training Team and administer the programme in line with Calex (Training Provider) and Mazda expectations, and to comply with ESFA and Ofsted standards.
The successful candidates will also be responsible for supporting all other aspects of programme management, including facility management, health and safety, learner progression, administration, and programme development.
Applicants must possess a minimum level 3 qualification in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair, alongside experience of working in the automotive industry – ideally within a similar apprentice programme role. Experience within a Mazda retail environment is desirable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Programme Manager in all aspects of their role, providing cover in their absence
- Supervising the Training Delivery Team, including scheduling, performance management, and supporting their personal development
- Measure, monitor and report on the effectiveness of programmes to internal and external stakeholders
- Work in collaboration with line managers, and other key stakeholders to manage the on-going learning experience, performance, and progression of apprentices whilst on programme.
- Supervise an effective Functional Skills programme
- In conjunction with the Programme Manager, ensure that policies, and procedures remain up to date, relevant, and effective – aligned to Ofsted, and ESFA requirements
- Administer engagement and satisfaction feedback to identify and implement improvements that will enhance the apprentice experience
- Provide support to the Programme Manager, and Quality team to ensure that all aspects of delivery are delivered to the standards expected
- Co-ordinate end-point-assessments in conjunction with the EPAO, Employers, Apprentices, and Training Team
- Support the organisation in the delivery of skills competitions, and graduation events
- Support the design and delivery of soft skills development to complement our apprentices technical learning, helping them to develop critical life skills
- Support apprentice transition post apprenticeship with support, mentoring and signposting to addition Mazda learning programmes
- Prepare and facilitate induction activities for new starters onto programmes. Ensuring our apprentices are set up for success and welcomed onto the Mazda programme
- Work with Line Managers to deliver a safe, supportive, and professional learning environment in which learners thrive
- Support other apprenticeship programme functions, including Safeguarding, Training Administration, Funding & Compliance, Quality, and Recruitment as necessary
- Ensure that all programme staff maintain up to date CPD, including Safeguarding, Equality and Diversity, Safer Recruitment, and Prevent training
Essential Skills and Experience
A minimum level 3 qualification in Motor Vehicle Maintenance & Repair, alongside experience of working in the Motor Vehicle industry (Mazda experience is desirable)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Technical Mazda experience (ideally gained with in the Mazda retail network, or similar)
- Automotive Diagnostics experience (ideally gained with in the Mazda retail network, or similar)
- Electric & Hybrid Vehicle qualification, and practical experience
- Experience of working in a similar role within an automotive apprenticeship programme
- Safeguarding and Prevent experience and certification
The successful candidate will be employed by Calex UK (www.calexuk.com). Calex are a specialist automotive training provider and provide resources and expertise to MMUK. Calex hold an apprentice funding contract directly with the ESFA.
Place of Work
Mazda Apprentice Academy, nr Bedford. There will also be times when it may be necessary to work from home, or from an alternative client location (such as a Mazda Retailer).
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary based on experience + Car. 25 Days Paid Annual Leave. Calex Employee Benefits Package (inc. High Street Discounts, Online GP, Welfare Scheme).
Calex is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of the right to work in the UK.
To apply please provide a full and up to date copy of your CV together with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this role.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond to everyone. If you have not heard back from us with 14 days your application will not have been successful.
Apply now Calex UK Limited