Apply now Flat Fee Recruiter
As an MOT Tester Technician for Macclesfield MOT & Service Centre, you will be a vital member of one of the best known and respected garages in the local area.
MOT Tester Technician
Up to £32,000 p/a
Full Time, Permanent Role (08:30-17:30, Mon-Fri)
Must Have Relevant City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 Qualification
MOT Training Provided, Flexible Approach, Friendly Staff
Macclesfield, SK11 7NX
At Macclesfield MOT & Service Centre we pride ourselves on our very friendly, team-based approach to providing first class service to all customers.
Founded in 1977, our independent family business specialises in MOT testing, vehicle servicing, diagnostics, clutches, tyres, top-quality repair work and so much more.
We provide the gold standard of service to our loyal customer base, and this is reflected in our team of professional, friendly and supportive technicians. Our staff love to come to work for us day in, day out.
We are looking for an MOT Tester Technician to join the team.
Normal working hours would be 08:30 – 17:30 Monday to Friday with the occasional Saturday morning. However, we will consider part-time working for the ideal candidate.
- MOT testing – ideally, you will already be an MOT Tester as we have two MOT test lanes (Class IV, though Class I+II would also be advantageous). If not, then we will sponsor you to get up to speed quickly.
- Vehicle servicing & repairs – you should be able to undertake all types of servicing & repairs to a wide variety of makes of cars and light vans. This will include changing tyres, exhausts, etc.
- Complex repairs – you may be expected to undertake more complex repairs such as timing belt/chain replacement, engine repairs including removing cylinder heads, clutch & gearbox work where appropriate.
- Carrying out diagnostic investigations using appropriate diagnostic tools.
- Completing all required work documentation clearly & concisely.
- Interacting with customers, explaining work carried out or discussing symptoms/issues/problems found with their vehicles.
- Road testing customer vehicles as well as collecting & returning to the customer.
- Supervising/mentoring junior team members.
The Ideal Candidate
- You should hold a relevant City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3 Qualification.
- Ideally, you will already be experienced as an MOT Tester but for the right candidate we will be happy to provide all the relevant training.
- You should be competent in servicing/diagnosing/repairing all makes of vehicle to the highest standards.
- You should be honest, trustworthy and reliable, able to work well in a team or on their own.
- We expect all our team members to help keep a clean, tidy & safe workshop environment.
We are proud of our understanding and flexible approach to employment where we all work together to achieve the best results. As well as a competitive salary, we can offer:
- 22 days’ holiday (including Christmas shutdown).
- Flexible and understanding approach to employment.
- Full training provided as necessary.
How to apply for the MOT Tester Technician role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: MOT Servicer, MOT Technician, MOT Mechanic, Car Mechanic, MOT Engineer, Vehicle MOT Tester, Vehicle Mechanic, Vehicle Servicer, Motor Vehicle Technician.
Apply now Flat Fee Recruiter