Apply now The Solution Automotive
Salary: £34000 – £50000 per annum + To £34k basic, plus £16k per annum bon
Motor Vehicle Technician – Reading
Our client has an excellent opportunity for a Vehicle Technician to work for one of the world’s most iconic brands in their state of art newly refurbished showroom.
Please note: To be considered for this role, you must hold a full UK driving licence.
About the role
As a Vehicle Technician, you will be reporting to the Workshop Controller and be responsible for carrying out maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles in line with the repair process, meeting customer expectations, whilst ensuring commercial and operational requirements are considered at all times and meeting very high industry and brand standards.
Core Specific Responsibilities as Vehicle Technician
* Review the customer’s requirements provided by the Service Advisors/Executive, ensuring sufficient information is provided to complete the repair
* Ascertain parts required to resolve the customer issue and order as required
* Ascertain labour operation times for the workshop repair, to support the Service Advisor/Executive in providing an estimate to the customer
* Carry out the repair in accordance with the workshop manual
* Write up job cards in a clear and concise manner
* Carry out a Vehicle Analysis Log (VAL) on every vehicle
* Liaise with all relevant staff to achieve efficiency in both time and material usage
* To record and clock all time spent as per the warranty process
* Conduct road tests and be responsible for personal quality control
* Protect the customers property by using protective covers at all times
* Keep updated with and work within the Insurance Code of Business guidelines for the sale of Approved Warranty and Assistance
* Keep technical and job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities, reading manufacturers’ publications etc.
* Deliver an agreed level of service KPI’s to include productivity, efficiency and utilisation
* Take ownership for personal development needs in anticipation of Business requirement
* Complete the Bronze Qualification standard within 1 year of start date
About the rewards
For the role of Vehicle Technician, the hours of work are 8.00am to 5.00pm and one in four Saturdays 8.00am to 1.00pm.
There is a basic salary on offer of up to £34,000 per annum, depending on experience, with a productivity bonus of circa £16,000+. You will also receive a fantastic benefits package, including:
* 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
* Option of a vehicle at preferential leasing rates
* Private Medical Insurance
* DC Pension Scheme
* Life Insurance
* Staff preferential rates
* Employee Discounts Programme
* Employee Assistance Programme
You must have eligibility to work in the UK.
Please ensure your CV is up to date with relevant contact details including address.
Who are you applying to?
The Solution Automotive Recruitment have been placing candidates into the UK Motor Trade since 1999. We have a fantastic relationship with all our clients and candidates across the country, many very long standing relationships. If you are skilled and experienced Automotive candidate, we want to hear from you and rest assured, you’ll be dealing with a person, not just a consultant! Unfortunately due to the volume of applications we get, we can only respond to the candidates who match the criteria set for this vacancy. We will retain your CV on our database and make contact as and when suitable vacancies arise. We will NEVER send your CV anywhere without your permission.
Key positons; Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Business Manager, Service Advisor, Parts Advisor, Technician, Mechanic, Master Technician, Workshop Controller, Service Manager, After Sales Manager, Dealer Principal, General Manager.
Apply now The Solution Automotive