Apply now Flat Fee Recruiter
Could you be our next Night Trunker? We are a leading British supplier of fresh produce, looking for an experienced and motivated candidate to join our professional Birmingham depot team.
Full Time, Permanent Role (48 Hours a Week)
Cat C HGV Licence Required
Night Shift Work
33 Days’ Leave, Free CPC Training & Pension
Cannock, WS11 8JH
Please note: Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
There’s every chance you’ll have eaten our food, so why not share our success and come and work for us? Bidfood is a leading wholesale food distributor and the preferred supplier for over 60,000 customers across the UK, ranging from pubs to schools, restaurants to care homes and everything else in between.
From Lands’ End to John O’Groats, whether our customers just want a teaspoon or a full range of catering supplies, we’ll supply their needs. We work as a team to provide every food option from quality ingredients to finished meals. We believe in our food, and we know that our people are so very important in our success. Working for us, you’ll not be just a number; you’ll be part of an inspiring team where your views count.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the right candidate to take on a rewarding Night Trunker role at our Birmingham depot.
As part of your role as Night Trunker, your daily tasks include:
- Trunking work to and from our hub depots.
- Working with the night warehouse team to assist with shunting and loading our vehicles to ensure a smooth departure of our fleet for onward deliveries.
- Moving vehicles around the depot.
- Carrying out temperature checks throughout the night.
- Assisting with loading and unloading of HGVs when required.
- Competing overtime where required to ensure successful running of the shift.
The Ideal Night Trunker
We are looking for someone who has:
- A Category C HGV Licence (essential).
- A Category C + E HGV licence (desirable).
- Willingness to get stuck into a challenge.
- You care about helping our customers.
- Pride in being the face of Bidfood to so many people every day (and night).
- Willingness to complete overtime when required.
- A professional attitude towards your work.
- Solid communication skills to work with the depot team.
- Appreciation for physically demanding work at times.
- 33 days’ holiday per year (including Bank Holidays).
- Free parking.
- Exclusive range of over 4,000 high street discounts.
- Personal accident insurance.
- Healthcare cash plan.
- Pension and life assurance.
- Training (including free CPC training).
- Ongoing development opportunities.
How to apply for the Night Trunker role:
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, click “apply” today and check your inbox for an email providing more information on how to tailor your application and provide a cover letter or any supporting documents.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Other suitable skills and experience includes: Night Trunk, HGV Trunking, Night Shift Trunker, Shunter, HGV Shunter, Night Shift Shunter, Class 1 Night Trunk Driver, Class 1 Trunking Driver, Class 1 Night Trunker.
Please note if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks, please assume your application has been unsuccessful
Apply now Flat Fee Recruiter