Apply now BCA
Job Title: Senior Project Manager
Location: Hybrid – Corby Estate
Salary: Up to £50,000 per annum + Competitive Bonus and Car Allowance
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hour per week
Job Status: Permanent
Due to the outstanding growth of our online sales platform, we have an incredible opportunity for an experienced ‘Senior Project Manager’ in the Corby area. As the ‘Senior Project Manager’ you will be overseeing the set-up of one of our new Retail Operations sites as well as establishing and delivering on a programme of projects. The role will be based form home with the need to visit the site in the Corby area on a regular basis. As one of the fastest growing online car retailers in Europe we are able offer the right candidate the opportunity to join an exciting and growing company with scope for career development.
Who we are
We’re the biggest name in Europe’s vehicle remarketing industry, selling 1.3m vehicles per annum, across 60 locations and with a turnover of £2billion. We believe our people are the best in the business, they are friendly, expert and professional.
BCA is so much more than selling cars, from the dock to defleet and beyond, BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year, working with OEMs, fleet operators, dealers and online sales platforms to provide the backbone of the UK’s automotive supply chain. From technical and logistics services for new vehicles, refurbishment, storage and logistics for the growing used sector and the core remarketing and auction operation, BCA offers the economies of scale and diversity of services to meet the needs of an impressive portfolio of customers.
The Senior Project Manager is an exciting new role which has been created due to expansion. As the demand for used cars soars, so does the need to produce high quality vehicles. As a result of this we are increasing our scope and size of the Retail Operations Division and you will play a pivotal role in this growth. You will work closely with the Development Director to ensure that the programme of projects for our new retail operations site is delivered. As an experienced Project Manager / Senior Project Manager, you should expect to directly lead and manage projects and the various work streams. Whilst the majority of projects will be solely within and for the benefit of the Retail Operations division, this role will also encompass the responsibility for project managing aspects from broader change programs which have interdependencies within BCA UK. The role also encompasses the requirement to develop and build out implementation and communication plans to engage various stakeholders and ensure the successful delivery of projects.
Lead the scoping, planning and delivery of Projects and initiatives, including securing finance, articulating, understanding and documenting business requirements, compiling business cases and compiling technical documentation as part of the handover to live operational teams.
Work with internal technical and operational staff and 3rd party suppliers to achieve successful project delivery and transition into live operations.
Prioritise work stream activities.
Provide regular programme updates as required including key risks, issues and mitigating actions.
Governance, risk and controls
- Using the tools provided by both Agile Project Management and traditional Project Management, apply the best tools at the right time to achieve project success.
Organise all key project meetings.
Embed risk mitigation and governance into all regulatory and compliance processes throughout the project planning lifecycle.
- Escalating any resource, or other, issues to the Development Director for resolution.
- Ensure that the project teams are fully functional and productive.
- Enable close cooperation across all roles and functions in the project teams and remove impediments as they appear.
- Support Group Leaders and the Facilities & IT Programme team to understand the various requirements of the Retail Operations Team.
- To engage all agreed stakeholders (within the business and support functions) ensuring they embrace any change.
- To support the management of required budgets and escalate any commercial risks or issues as required.
- Track spend and financial controls ensuring appropriate sign-off ahead of new implementation.
- Outstanding Project Management and delivery experience and results.
- Project scoping, planning, management and closure. Clear understanding of Agile methodologies as well as traditional Project Management methodologies.
- Strong and proven stakeholder engagement skills and experience across a range of stakeholder levels.
- Results focused.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent team player and team development skills.
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to succeed and to help others to succeed.
- Attitude of empowerment – must be able to lead a team to self-organisation and encourage teams to take ownership of the project deliverables.
- Situationally aware – must be the first one to notice differences and issues as they arise, resolve them and if necessary, elevate them without hesitation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be facilitative – must be able to lead and demonstrate value-add principles to the teams.
- Understand fundamentals of iterative delivery.
- Attitude of transparency – have the desire to bring disclosure and transparency to the business about delivery and grow business trust.
- Understanding of technology projects including software and infrastructure engineering.
- Experience in the automotive industry.
- Operational Refurbishment and Mechanical understanding in a used car environment.
What we offer
- Salary up to £50,000
- Car Allowance
- Company bonus
- Discount reward scheme
- Training and career guidance
- Mental health and wellbeing support
Apply now BCA