Apply now Calex UK Limited
We are seeking to recruit a Technical Trainer to join the team on the Mercedes-Benz Apprentice Programme.
This is a full-time permanent contract, and the role is ideally suited to candidates with existing Technical Training experience (preferably with apprentices).
The Apprenticeship Programme is responsible for the development of hundreds of apprentices across the Mercedes-Benz Car, Van, and Truck retail networks in the UK. For more information, please visit the website at: https://www.mercedes-benztraining.co.uk/mercedes-benz-academy-programme.aspx
The successful candidate will join the team in Milton Keynes, and will be responsible for delivering aspects of the Service & Maintenance (Light Vehicle) Level 3 Apprentice Standard.
Purpose of Job
The Trainer will be part of a larger team, that reports into the Training Delivery, Development & Quality Manager. They will be responsible for the delivery and development of high-quality learning programmes, ensuring that apprentices remain on track to achieve their respective qualifications and for maintaining a safe and supportive learning environment.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified Technician at Level 3 (EHV certification desirable)
- Teaching qualification/experience (PTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, TAP, Cert Ed or NVQ equivalent qualification) is desirable but can be delivered if required
- Full Driving License
- Health & Safety Awareness / Qualification
- Safeguarding, Prevent and Equality & Diversity training (desirable)
- Recent manufacturer workshop experience (desirable)
- Strong awareness of new technical innovation
- Competent in using MS software packages
- Strong ‘Customer First’ ethic
- Passion for training and development of others
- Motivated by their own professional development
- Excellent team player
- Deliver high quality, engaging and effective Apprentice learning to the very highest standards (this could include attended courses, as well as other delivery formats, including Virtual Classroom delivery)
- Work alongside other trainers to deliver curriculum courses and other manufacturer specific modules
- Deploy and facilitate engaging training in-line win line with Mercedes-Benz standards
- Maintain quality, standardisation, and application of training delivery to ensure that it follows all applicable policies, procedures and standards
- Conduct ongoing assessments and prepare apprentices for their respective EPAs
- Prepare the learning environment and resources (including setting up the workshop vehicles with training faults)
- Track, manage and coach learners to progress using our learner management tracking platform, including monitoring of pre-requisite learning
- Assist with development of new training material to create highly engaging training sessions meeting the needs of the apprenticeship standard
- Develop and embed functional skills in key subject areas in line with programme requirements
- Produce off the job training reports for employers and development coaches
- Identify learners that require additional support, or who require stretch – work with team, and other organisations as appropriate to facilitate this need
- Assist in delivering quality induction sessions to all new technical apprentices joining the programme
- Ensure that personal development is maintained and attend relevant update sessions as instructed, and required by the role
- Use all resources in an approved, safe and efficient manner
- Work to timely and overall EPA completion targets with your apprentice case load
- Promote a positive culture and promote the Mercedes-Benz brand in everything that you do
- Ensure all of the training adheres to Health and Safety standards, Safeguarding and Prevent
- Act as an ambassador for the Mercedes-Benz Programme, proactively demonstrating good practice and the brand values
Calex will undertake the relevant/standard employment checks with any successful candidate. This includes contacting all nominated references, as well as checking candidate ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks (confirmation will be provided through the recruitment process). This nature if this role will necessitate that we undertake a DBS check.
The successful candidate will be employed by Calex UK (www.calexuk.com). Calex are a specialist automotive training provider and provide training staff including Technical Trainers and Administrators to Mercedes-Benz in the UK. The Policy & Compliance Co-ordinator will join an established team, based at the Mercedes Apprentice Academy in Milton Keynes.
Place of Work
Mercedes-Benz Apprentice Academy, Tongwell, Milton Keynes. There will also be times when it may be necessary to work from home, or from an alternative client location (such as a Mercedes Retailer).
Salary & Benefits
Competitive Salary based on experience + Company Vehicle. 25 Days Paid Annual Leave. Calex Employee Benefits Package (inc. High Street Discounts, Online GP, Welfare Scheme).
Calex is committed to safeguarding the welfare of its students and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service certificate and checks of the relevant barred list / prohibition lists. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of the right to work in the UK.
To apply please provide a full and up to date copy of your CV together with a covering letter detailing why you feel you would be suitable for this role.
Apply now Calex UK Limited