Apply now Inchcape
Tyre Technician – Jaguar Land Rover Norwich
£24,000 (OTE £27,000)
As a Tyre Fitter you will be always thinking of how to achieve the highest standards in customer service, whilst ensuring that safety and quality are top of mind. A Tyre Fitter has technical knowledge and a professional attitude, they are able to work to efficiency/productivity targets and effectively fit tyres, suggest and make improvements.
- Correctly removing and replacing the wheels of a vehicle
- Tightening the wheel nuts to the correct torque setting on re-fitting the wheels to the vehicle
- Replacing worn damaged tyres with the correct new tyre from the dealer’s tyre rack
- Inflate the tyre on the wheel to the car manufactures recommended tyre pressure
- Removing and replacing a tyre by using the correct tyre equipment in the car dealer workshop
- Carrying out a tyre puncture repair on a car tyre to the correct British Safety Standards (BS AU159)
- Using the correct tools supplied by the franchise dealership to carry-out the repair
- Working alongside the vehicle technicians within the Inchcape franchise workshop
- Assisting with tyre inspection reporting on an EVHC report
- Correctly measuring a tyre tread depth and report the correct tread depth readings
- Entering data into a VHC report
The Ideal Candidate
- Ideally a minimum of 12 months experience within a background of working in a fast-fit car centre or a recognised vehicle franchise dealership
- The practical knowledge of fitting tyres
- The capability of working to the highest quality standards
- Great team player and communication skills
- Maintain high standards of house-keeping
- Prior experience of working to efficiency targets
- A full UK driving license
- Previous career history of being a tyre fitter or this being a part of your job role
We are all about rewarding hard work at Inchcape, you’ll receive a competitive basic salary with a generous monthly bonus scheme. Your manager and the team will support so you can achieve your monthly targets and beyond
- Tool Insurance scheme – Inchcape cover up to value of £10k
- A pension that pays – Our flexible pension scheme gives you the freedom to plan for the future in a way that suits you. Choose exactly how much you want to contribute on a monthly basis
- Vehicle purchase discounts – There are plenty ways that you & your family can Drive with Us at Inchcape, from vehicle discounts to service offers. Own your dream car for less
- Life Insurance – we give you the peace of mind when you need it most
- Health Shield Cash Plan – Supporting your health and your wallet, this benefit reimburses you the cost of everyday health care from prescriptions to dental work
- Employee Discounts with The Showroom – make your salary go further with the discounts and cashback offers available at over 1000 retailers
- Discount Gym membership – keep fit with our big brand gym & fitness offers
- Employee Assistance Programme – We take employee wellbeing seriously at Inchcape, we offer a programme to support all our colleagues and families with whatever challenges they may face at work or at home 24/7 365 days a year
- Customer Introduction Reward – refer someone to buy a car from us and we’ll pop some extra cash in your pay check.
- Holiday allowance rising with length of service – We reward long service with extra holiday
- Great career development – Receive industry leading training from the brand you represent whilst you develop your skills with the Inchcape training team
- And much more….
About The Company
Inchcape is a leading independent global automotive distributor and retailer. We are present in 36 national markets and operate as a key strategic partner to the world’s foremost premium and luxury car brands for whom we provide an effective, well-financed and customer centered route to market for vehicles and parts.
Inchcape, which is listed on the London Stock Exchange, employs 15,000 people worldwide and recorded sales of £6.8 billion in its last financial year.
We aim to deliver an outstanding customer experience at every one of our franchised dealerships, and to support this all our dealerships have specialist, manufacturer trained staff to ensure you and your car receive the best possible attention.
We operate across every link of the post-factory automotive value chain for our OEM partners, providing a highly efﬁcient, customer-focused route to market that delivers shared rewards at every stage.
We have 170 years of successful international trade experience based on a spirit of innovation that still thrives within the organisation
OUR VISION: To be the world’s most trusted automotive Distributor.
Inchcape is ambitious! We are pursuing a strategy of growth, both organically and by acquisition, across the globe. We have a number of exciting opportunities for equally ambitious talent.
We are excited about the future. Could we be a part of your future plans too?
Apply now Inchcape