Pendragon’s CEO Bill Berman spoke on Car Dealer Live today (May 22).
The company, which owns Stratstone, Evans Halshaw and Car Store, has certainly had some trouble in recent years and only yesterday (May 21) announced a £2.3m loss in the first quarter of 2020.
On the show Berman discussed:
• Previous problems in the brand
• How Pendragon is coping in lockdown
• When and how they will get back to work
• That dealerships are still important
• How the consumer is changing
• How he will grow profits
Berman took over the role of CEO in February this year, after the previous CEO Mark Herbert quit out of the blue in June having been in the role just three months. He had been interim chairman until then.
Before joining Pendragon, he was president and chief operating officer of AutoNation, the largest automotive retailer in America.
He was responsible for its 26,000 staff and the operational performance of the company’s 300-plus new vehicle franchises, including new and used vehicle sales and aftersales.
To watch the Car Dealer Live broadcast, you can see it here by clicking play at the top of this post.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel to watch all episodes of Car Dealer Live.
Coming up next week on Car Dealer Live we also have:
- Monday: No show (bank holiday)
- Tuesday: Eden Motor Group CEO Graeme Potts
- Wednesday: Cap HPI valuations experts
- Thursday: Peter Waddell, Big Motoring World
- Friday: Stuart Foulds, Trust Ford, CEO and chairman; Julia Greenhough, marketing director
If you have any questions you’d like to ask any of the above you can submit them live during the broadcasts or you can send them to us via this website, or our social media channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.