Used Car Awards host Mike Brewer has urged the motor trade to take two minutes out of their day today and get themselves nominated for a Used Car Award.
Nominations for this year’s awards ceremony close today and anyone can put themselves forward for one of our awards.
The winners will be revealed in a special Used Car Awards video, broadcast on the evening of December 16 at 6pm.
Host Mike Brewer said: ‘The used car sector has been very important in 2020. It’s been a tough year for many businesses.
‘We went through a lockdown where there were no sales and we didn’t know whether it would bounce back – but it did bounce back phenomenally.
‘Used car dealers found new ways to get their products into the hands of customers. They have done amazing things this year.
‘Getting a Used Car Award shows that you’re doing things the right way and you can use that award to generate more business, having the important logo front and centre on your website to say that you are the best of the best.
‘This year winning an award is more important than ever before.
‘I urge anyone out there to get themselves nominated for a used car award – it’s an important one and will pay dividends in the future.’
Hundreds of nominations have already been received and these will be whittled down by our team of experts and a nominations list published on Wednesday, November 4.
The second stage of the judging process then begins with a remote process used to refine the list of nominations to our shortlisted dealers.
The shortlist list will be published on November 13 and then the tough mystery shopping stage begins.
Our team of judges will assess dealers on a variety of levels – from their online sales techniques, to their telephone manner, quality of their adverts, even down to how they deal with our mystery shoppers in person.
Several more sponsors have also thrown their weight behind our coveted gongs.
Advantage Finance will be sponsoring the important Future Star award which will be focussing on someone who has made a real impact in the early part of their career.
Callum Thompson, head of dealer sales for the firm, said: ‘Advantage Finance are delighted to be involved in recognising staff who are excelling within their role.
‘We see day in day out the quality of work that is produced within the industry and the lengths staff go to in producing fantastic customer service.
‘We are huge believers in the development of our own staff so this award is something we hold in very high regard.’
RAC Dealer Network has put its name behind the Used Car Customer Care category which looks to celebrate the businesses that shine when it comes to looking after their customers.
The firm’s Kellie Grocott said: ‘At the RAC Dealer Network, we take customer care very seriously and that is why we are delighted to be sponsoring this category.
‘We now work with around 1,500 dealers across the UK. Whether independent, franchise or car supermarket, we only partner with used car retailers who share our ethos of placing the customer first – and we look forward to finding out about the innovations that Car Dealer’s judges have uncovered among the finalists.’
The key dates are:
- Used Car Award nominations deadline – October 30
- Nominations list revealed – November 4
- Shortlist revealed – November 16
- Awards night – December 16
There are 20 dealer categories and eight manufacturer categories in the Used Car Awards and they are:
- Dealers’ Dealer – sponsored by Dealer Auction
- Service & Repair Outlet
- Used Car Product
- Social Media User – sponsored by Marketing Delivery SocialStock
- Use of Video – sponsored by G3 Vehicle Auctions
- Used Car Website – sponsored by CarGurus
- Used Car Online Sales Experience – sponsored by Aston Barclay
- Specialist Used Car Dealership – sponsored by Mann Island Finance
- Used Car Sales Team – sponsored by CarGurus
- Used Car Dealer Principal – sponsored by The WMS Group
- Future Star Award – sponsored by Advantage Finance
- Used Car Customer Care – sponsored by RAC Dealer Network
- Used Car Supermarket – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Newcomer Dealership – sponsored by Automotive Compliance
- Used Car Dealership – Up To 50 Cars – sponsored by Black Horse
- Used Car Dealership – 51 – 100 Cars – sponsored by Black Horse
- Used Car Dealership – Over 100 Cars – sponsored by Black Horse
- Used Car Dealership Group – sponsored by Motorway
- Outstanding Achievement – sponsored by Trade2Trade
- Lifetime Achievement – sponsored by Lawgistics
- Used Small Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Mid-Sized Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Executive Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Sports Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used SUV – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used AFV – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Car of the Year – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Manufacturer Used Car Scheme – sponsored by Warrantywise
Anyone can nominate a dealership for an award – you can do so here.
The physical Used Car Awards will be back at The Brewery in London in 2021.