The best used car dealerships in the UK have less than a month left to nominate themselves for this year’s Used Car Awards.
The deadline for nominations for the ninth Car Dealer Used Car Awards is Friday, October 30.
Submissions can be made quickly and easily online here and can be made by those in the dealership or by anyone who wants to nominate a business they feel excels in its field.
The awards will be held digitally this year for the first time, hosted by TV’s Mr Wheeler Dealer Mike Brewer and Car Dealer founder James Baggott.
The awards ceremony will be broadcast on this website at 6pm on December 16 – two weeks later than originally planned.
Brewer said: ‘We are super-excited to be hosting these industry-leading awards online in one of the toughest years for the motor trade ever.
‘We were determined to host them, despite the coronavirus, and when the event was cancelled as a physical awards ceremony we quickly put in place plans to hold it online.
‘Dealers of all shapes and sizes need to put themselves forward for these awards as it’s vital we hear about the best out there.
‘I can’t wait to reveal who has won what!’
This year, used car sales have been more important than ever to car dealers across the country, with prices going up, demand increasing and supply drying up.
Used cars have never been more important to the profit line of dealers either and are playing an increasingly important role in the success of all businesses.
Baggott said: ‘What’s great about these awards is they celebrate dealers from all walks of the motor trade.
‘It’s a huge shame we can’t hold them at The Brewery this year, but we’ll still make sure those that deserve the recognition get it anyway.’
The key dates are:
- Used Car Award nominations deadline – October 30
- Nominations list revealed – November 4
- Shortlist revealed – November 16
- Awards night – December 16
There are 20 dealer categories and eight manufacturer categories in the Used Car Awards and they are:
- Dealers’ Dealer (sponsored by Dealer Auction)
- Service & Repair Outlet
- Used Car Product
- Social Media User (sponsored by Marketing Delivery SocialStock)
- Use of Video (sponsored by G3 Vehicle Auctions)
- Used Car Website (sponsored by CarGurus)
- Used Car Online Sales Experience
- Specialist Used Car Dealership (sponsored by Mann Island Finance)
- Used Car Sales Team (sponsored by CarGurus)
- Used Car Dealer Principal (sponsored by The WMS Group)
- Future Star Award
- Used Car Customer Care (sponsored by RAC Dealer Network)
- Used Car Supermarket
- Newcomer Dealership
- Used Car Dealership – Up To 50 Cars (sponsored by Black Horse)
- Used Car Dealership – 51 – 100 Cars (sponsored by Black Horse)
- Used Car Dealership – Over 100 Cars (sponsored by Black Horse)
- Used Car Dealership Group (sponsored by Motorway)
- Outstanding Achievement
- Lifetime Achievement
- Used Small Car
- Used Mid-Sized Car
- Used Executive Car
- Used Sports Car
- Used SUV
- Used AFV
- Used Car of the Year
- Manufacturer Used Car Scheme (sponsored by Warrantywise)
Anyone can nominate a dealership for an award – you can do so here.
The physical Used Car Awards will be back at The Brewery in London in 2021.