Lawgistics returned to Car Dealer Live today for its regular legal show special.
Solicitor Nona Bowkis and employment law specialist Kiril Moskovchuk joined us on Car Dealer Live today with a show answering motor trade legal issues sent in from dealers around the country.
Furlough schemes are still proving something of a headache, with dealers asking the team:
- Whether the furlough scheme is definitely ending
- How the £1,000 return from furlough bonus works
- What to do in the event of furlough claim miscalculations
- Is ‘furlough fraud’ still an issue
The potential of local lockdowns are also causing dealers headaches. With furlough registration now closed, one viewer asked: ‘If I have to close my business, do I still have to pay my staff?’
Compulsory face masks is proving to be a hot topic too, one viewer asking what the legal situation is when it comes to asking staff to wear face shields and coverings.
Pandemic or not, GDPR is still a cause for concern too: now intertwined with NHS Track & Trace regulations. One dealer asked the panel just what the implications of noting down visitors’ names and contact details are – and how best to reassure them of its purpose.
Finally, with the subject of emissions back on the table post-lockdown, one viewer asked about the legalities of a customer’s request to remove a diesel particulate filter.
To hear the expert panel’s answers to the above, watch the replay of the broadcast in the video at the top of this story.
If you’d like to send in questions for a future show with Lawgistics, email James Batchelor (click here) or you can post your questions on the YouTube page during the live broadcast.
- Got a beef with your car manufacturer? Love your suppliers? Tell us why in our Car Dealer Power survey here.
- Get the latest news updates in our WhatsApp group. Broadcast only, headlines direct to your phone. Send us a message and ask to join here.
- There’s a fresh new design and exclusive content for Car Dealer! Download issue 149 for free here.