PSA Group managing director Alison Jones tells Car Dealer Magazine a scrappage scheme should be introduced and dealers must get back to work soon.
In the full exclusive interview with Car Dealer Magazine, published today above, she tells us why it is vital that dealers should reopen on June 1 as an ‘important contributor to the economy’.
Jones also talks about:
- Online car buying and why showrooms are still vital in that process
- Gives her thoughts on a stimulus package for the car industry
- Tells us she thinks the government recognises automotive is key to getting Britain moving
- Says a scrappage scheme is still 50/50 as to whether it’ll happen
- Reveals some car launches for the group’s brands have been delayed by the crisis
- Tells us what new car sales figures will look like for the rest of 2020
- Plus helps look beyond this year and gives a prediction for 2021
- Reveals how the PSA Groupe was performing before the lockdown
- And gives her opinion on the government help for the car industry
You can watch the full interview by clicking above. For more Car Dealer Live interviews like this one you can click here.
Car Dealer Live next week
- May 25: No show (bank holiday)
- May 26: Eden Motor Group CEO Graeme Potts
- May 27: Cap HPI valuations experts
- May 28: Peter Waddell, Big Motoring World
- May 29: Stuart Foulds, Trust Ford, CEO and chairman; Julia Greenhough, marketing director
Join our WhatsApp group to get updates sent straight to your phone. Email us via the website here to get a link to join.