WITH our annual Used Car Awards just days away, here’s a reminder of exactly why it promises to be an evening to remember.
1. The gongs: We don’t give our prestigious awards away lightly. Car Dealer rewards those right at the top of their game – the best of the best. If you clinch a trophy, you are given instant, widespread recognition for all the hard work and talent that you have demonstrated.
2. The guests: The Used Car Awards is bigger and better than ever before, with 600 guests attending – an impressive rise from the 400 we welcomed last year. The great and the good of the used car industry, including representatives of independents, franchise dealerships and manufacturers will be celebrating with us, making it an unmissable event.
3. The venue: As we all know, the trick to a great night is location, location, location. The Used Car Awards is no different, which is why we are once again frequenting the stunning surroundings of The Brewery, in London. It never fails to be a thoroughly classy venue, which is why it’s absolutely fitting for UCA.
4. The atmosphere: It buzzes, in a word. Eating, drinking, laughing and partying is the name of the game at The Brewery on November 30. Whether you’re enjoying your meal, congratulating the winners, recalling treasured anecdotes or making use of the occasion to network like crazy, the evening will be a lively, memorable affair.
5. The food: A mouth-watering array of dishes is a must during an evening of celebrating, so we are offering a tantalising selection of food to tickle your taste buds. These include the delicious salmon terrine starter, belly of pork or bubble and squeak main course, and spicy bread pudding.
6. A chance to meet the team: The evening is brought to you by the same team who produce your favourite magazine each month. Many of us will of course be attending, and we are more than welcome to have a good chat, talk things cars and celebrate all that’s great about the used car industry with you.
7. The timing: With the start of the festive season the very next day, the Used Car Awards presents a fantastic opportunity to kick Christmas off in style. So whether you are treating it as your end of year party or a chance to meet the movers and shakers in the used car industry, you will have a ball.
8. Mike Brewer: Mr Wheeler Dealer himself is always an entertaining host, and this year promises to be no exception. Holding court throughout the evening, Brewer is always a polished, charismatic presence on-stage, and will no doubt provide us with many a laugh along the way.
9. The music: Whilst having a chin-wag with those around you is one of the best aspects of the Awards, the atmosphere wouldn’t be the same without a superb live band and a disco to round the evening off in fine style.
10. The casino: A welcome addition to the Used Car Awards is our ‘just for fun’ casino. If you’re in the mood for a flutter, it promises to be a fantastic place to have some fun, and a great way to meet others in the industry. Of course, it is just for fun, so we wouldn’t want guests to take it too seriously!
11. The day: The Awards will, as you know, take place on Monday, November 30. What a day of the week for a knees-up! Bob Geldof may not like Mondays but this one will be marvellous.
12. Free wine and beer: There will be free beer and house wine all evening. We don’t need to explain why that is too good to miss. You can stop worrying about the cost of a pint and concentrate on celebrating the used car industry with friends, colleagues and competitors alike.
13. Be part of something special: For all the reasons above, the Used Car Awards is truly unmissable. When the post-event video is released and the coverage kicks in you’ll be able to say you were there – which, quite frankly, is priceless. It truly is a prestigious, unique event.
On SuperUnleaded.com: Ferrari Releases An Even Faster F12 And It’s Just As Awesome As You’d Expect