The RMIF has called upon Alistair Darling to continue recent bold measures, to revive consumer and business confidence.
RMIF chairman has compiled a detailed response to the 2009 budget. This features strong guidance on what the Chancellor needs to do in order to help car dealers.
Areas Williams has covered include:
• VED Refunds
• Business rate relief on empty buildings
• Benefit In Kind – car tax averaging
• Scrappage allowance
• Car Sales Tax
• 100 per cent first year capital allowance on all new commercial vehicle sales
• Transport fuel prices and fuel tax
• Corporation tax
• Business support for small business and the enterprise economy
• Skills reform
Car Dealer has scooped the text of the letter, which you can read by following the link: rmif-2009-budget-response