Winning a Used Car Award will be more important that ever this year, said previous award winner Will Blackshaw.
In 2018, Blackshaw picked up the gong for Dealers’ Dealer of the year and said he was stunned at the time.
Now, the dealer principal is encouraging dealers of all shapes and sizes to nominate themselves, friends and colleagues on the last day for nominations for this year’s event.
Blackshaw said: ‘I felt there were stronger people than myself, I was shocked to be honest.
‘It was overwhelming because I don’t see myself as anything special and there are lots of people I look up to in the industry.
‘It was great to get that recognition though for putting all of the hours in.
‘When you’re running a business you don’t always get that pat on the back so it was nice to get that for all of the hard work over the years.’
He explained that this year he believes the ceremony is more important than ever that dealerships get the recognition for the hard work they’ve put in.
He explained: ‘Are they important? More so than ever.
‘For the first time ever this year I’ve nominated another car dealer.
‘I think especially this year where there’s been so much uncertainty and I think anyone who can get a pat on the back this year deserves one and needs one.
‘Mentally it’s been hard work.’
Dealers can nominate in less than two minutes on our dedicated nominations form here.
‘I think it’s an opportunity to be recognised for the headaches, the pains and the sleepless nights throughout the year,’ Blackshaw added.
‘There’s nobody else who’s going to recognise car dealers this year, sadly. We’ve got to stick together and reward and congratulate each other.’
The key dates are:
- Used Car Award nominations deadline – October 30
- Nominations list revealed – November 4
- Shortlist revealed – November 16
- Awards night – December 16
There are 20 dealer categories and eight manufacturer categories in the Used Car Awards and they are:
- Dealers’ Dealer – sponsored by Dealer Auction
- Service & Repair Outlet
- Used Car Product
- Social Media User – sponsored by Marketing Delivery SocialStock
- Use of Video – sponsored by G3 Vehicle Auctions
- Used Car Website – sponsored by CarGurus
- Used Car Online Sales Experience – sponsored by Aston Barclay
- Specialist Used Car Dealership – sponsored by Mann Island Finance
- Used Car Sales Team – sponsored by CarGurus
- Used Car Dealer Principal – sponsored by The WMS Group
- Future Star Award – sponsored by Advantage Finance
- Used Car Customer Care – sponsored by RAC Dealer Network
- Used Car Supermarket – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Newcomer Dealership – sponsored by Automotive Compliance
- Used Car Dealership – Up To 50 Cars – sponsored by Black Horse
- Used Car Dealership – 51 – 100 Cars – sponsored by Black Horse
- Used Car Dealership – Over 100 Cars – sponsored by Black Horse
- Used Car Dealership Group – sponsored by Motorway
- Outstanding Achievement – sponsored by Trade2Trade
- Lifetime Achievement – sponsored by Lawgistics
- Used Small Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Mid-Sized Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Executive Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Sports Car – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used SUV – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used AFV – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Used Car of the Year – sponsored by City Auction Group
- Manufacturer Used Car Scheme – sponsored by Warrantywise
Anyone can nominate a dealership for an award – you can do so here.
The physical Used Car Awards will be back at The Brewery in London in 2021.