Jaguar Land Rover UK managing director Rawdon Glover has spoken to Car Dealer Magazine about his thoughts on a government stimulus package for the car industry and more.
In the exclusive interview, which you can watch above, Glover talks to Car Dealer Magazine about how his 130 dealers have dealt with the coronavirus crisis.
‘Our retail network has gone into a form of hibernation,’ he tells us, in the interview recorded on Thursday.
‘They have benefited from the government furlough scheme, and the speed at which the government brought that out and the speed of payments has been very welcome.’
In the interview, Glover talks about:
- How nearly all dealers have maintained a skeleton staff
- He calls on the government to implement a stimulus for the sector ahead of July
- How JLR has coped with the crisis as a manufacturer – and helped dealers
- How he thinks dealers will be allowed to reopen – and when
- And why he thinks it’ll be appointments only when dealers get back to work
Car Dealer Magazine is running daily Live interviews with the motor trade.
This week we’ll be chatting to:
- Monday: Groupe Renault UK managing director Vincent Tourette and network operations director Louise O’Sullivan
- Tuesday: Wessex Garages MD Chris Wiseman
- Wednesday: Mike Allen, analyst at Zeus Capital
- Thursday: Sherwoods Motor Group MD Simon MacConachie
- Friday: The team from GForces to guide us on all things online sales.
To watch the Car Dealer Live broadcasts, subscribe to our YouTube channel and you’ll then get a notification when we go live.
If you have any questions you’d like to ask any of the above you can submit them live during the broadcasts or you can send them to us via this website, or our social media channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Join our WhatsApp group to get updates sent straight to your phone. Email us via the website here to get a link to join.