Experian Automotive boss Gerardo Montoya joined the Car Dealer Podcast this week as the team talked about future technology, the Tokyo Motor Show, broken Jaguar Land Rovers and much more.
Following James Baggott’s trip to Japan for the motor show, there was plenty to be discussed about, from the potential of hydrogen cars on UK roads to BMW’s Neue Klasse, Honda’s creations and, of course, flying cars.
Montoya shared his views on changing technologies and what’s really important for car dealers to think about.
He said: ‘One thing that is crucial to me, at the moment at least, is the new way [of selling]. The technology and the new online journey, converting into OEMs selling directly, right?
‘Agency models in the market, this is disrupting the way retail worked in the past because now everyone wants to be in front of the client; either the OEM, the finance company, an online retailer, anyone.’
‘So, those interfaces are changing, and for me, it’s a bit more disruptive today than any other discussion about if an autonomous car will come out or not?’ the Experian MD explained.
‘It is important because you know, for players in the market, things have shifted and they will have to adapt to accommodate to a new reality.
‘I still think that online journeys or purely online journeys will be the future.’
To listen to the podcast in full you can click play above or if you’d like to find out more about all of the stories mentioned, they are all linked to below.
- Subaru flying car, electric MX-5 and new Nissan GTR – Tokyo Mobility Show 2023 round-up
- Honda’s Uni-One is a Segway rival designed to transport lazy shoppers and students around
- Exclusive: 10,000 Jaguar Land Rovers off the road due to huge parts shortage
- Exclusive: Big Motoring World snaps up two Available Car sites and aims for £1bn turnover
- 99% of voting shareholders give the green light to Lithia’s Pendragon bid
- DS Automobiles pilots ChatGPT in its cars as it looks to provide ‘conversational experience’
- BMW design boss admits he was pleasantly surprised people liked firm’s new look
- Cazoo boss Jonathan Dunkley on the used car dealer’s past mistakes and brighter future
Each week on the Car Dealer Podcast, James and Jon Reay go head to head choosing the best stories featured on our website and ask an industry guest to share their views and choose the winner.
If you’d like to be a guest judge on a future episode, email [email protected].