Following further price rises for used cars, Car Dealer invited Cazana’s director of insight Rupert Pontin onto the podcast.
There were some unusual headlines as we reported on a car dealer trapped in a vehicle during a test drive, which sparked some more stories about nightmare customers during the show, and Undercover Big Boss aired featuring the Vertu CEO.
This week was packed with new releases and special editions, as brands announced their plans for the future.
In the used car market trade and retail prices continued to rise but for new cars Marshall boss Daksh Gupta said he hadn’t seen any significant price hikes.
If you’ve never listened to the Car Dealer Podcast before, each week we battle it out to choose the best news stories from the last seven days and ask a guest judge from the industry to choose the winner.
Click play below to listen now.
To find out more about the stories featured, click the links below.
- Review: Robert Forrester proves data isn’t everything as he faces day-to-day life on the front line in Undercover Big Boss
- Mini goes hatchback-to-basics as it teams up with fashion designer Paul Smith to shine spotlight on sustainability
- Car dealer hospitalised after being held against his will in test drive that ended in flames
- Audi shows future luxury design plans with Skysphere concept car
- No significant hikes in new car prices is ‘surprising’, says Marshall Motor Group boss
- Iconic Lamborghini Countach to return as 800bhp hybrid, 31 years after production ended on original
- Despite warning of ‘sensationalist headlines’, BCA reports average used car values leapt 3.6% in July and £1,000 ahead of 2020
- Average used car retail prices rose 3% in July with SUVs flying off forecourts
- Ex-Lookers bosses Andy Bruce and Nigel McMinn join the board of Fleet Alliance
- Car owners are urged to book MOT ahead of ‘Super September’ rush as a fifth of drivers used exemption