This week on the podcast we’re joined by Jamie Caple from Car Quay as he tries to remember the Cinch tagline, talks about what it must be like to sell Vauxhalls today with their new EV range, and asks why customers buy cars before a holiday but not breakdown cover.
Caple, who runs the used car dealership in Derby and has been a multiple Used Car Award winner, told of the struggles in recent weeks as staff have been ‘pinged’ by the NHS Test and Trace app or fallen ill with Covid.
This was particularly topical in the week that many car dealers have said they won’t be taking the risk with their staff by relaxing restrictions in showrooms from tomorrow (Jul 19), as they have also suffered when employees have had to isolate.
Also on this episode, we discuss car manufacturers suffering from isolating staff as well, the new series of Undercover Big Boss and how both James Batchelor – aka Batch – and he would drive the new Vauxhall Astra.
If you haven’t listened to the Car Dealer Podcast before, Batch and I go head to head each week choosing the favourite stories that we’ve run. We then ask an industry guest to decide the winner.
You can stream the podcast on Apple, Spotify, Google Podcasts and more or by clicking play below.
To find out more about any of the stories mentioned, you can find them all linked below.
- Car dealers to keep social distancing and mask wearing in showrooms from Monday despite no more legal requirement
- Rolls-Royce reaching ‘critical point’ over Covid isolations – reports
- Production at Nissan’s Sunderland plant hit hard as hundreds of staff members forced to isolate
- Cazoo opens new £1m customer centre in Carlisle for ‘click and collect’ orders
- Plans submitted for Coventry’s new gigafactory with hopes that 6,000 jobs could be created
- Aftersales boom predicted as motorists look to have their car serviced ahead of UK holiday
- Regulator bans BMW radio advert over ‘irresponsible’ revving sound of engine
- Bristol Street Motors CEO Robert Forrester to appear on Undercover Big Boss on ITV
- Vauxhall announces new Astra will be available as plug-in hybrid for the first time
If you’d like to join us as our guest judge on the podcast then get in touch on [email protected].