All 180 of the brand’s franchised dealers and authorized repairers must now sign up for the Code, if they haven’t already done so.
Nissan will provide assistance, by funding dealer subscription and renewal costs, while also financing the necessary compliance checks.
Steve McLennan, director of network development and quality for Nissan, said: ‘We are pleased to be involved in the introduction of the new Code of Practice.
‘All customers will benefit from this code as it sets clear standards for dealers and repair centres for repairing and servicing vehicles. This Code can only help to improve customer satisfaction.’
The code sees dealers and repairers to make a commitment to:
• Providing customers with an honest service
• Open and fair pricing and billing
• All work completed as agreed
• Competent and conscience staff
• A straightforward, swift complaints procedure.