Wessex Garages will split the funds between Penny Brohn Cancer Care; Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal; Tŷ Hafan; Meningitis Now; St David’s Hospice Care and Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity.
Keith Brock, managing director at Wessex Garages, explained: ‘Throughout 2014 staff at each of our dealerships organised and took part in various activities to raise money for their chosen charity of the year.
‘These included an eight-hour, static, cycle challenge, various competitions and raffles, a fundraising evening with the Cardiff Blues rugby team and fundraising weekends.
‘All of the charities do crucial work and we are really pleased to have helped raise such a great amount during the last 12 months.’
The fund-raising activities in detail were as follows:
- Wessex Garages on Hadfield Road in Cardiff raised £2,015 for Tŷ Hafan, which is based in Sully.
- The dealership on Pennywell Road in Bristol raised £2,803 for Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Appeal, which is also based in Bristol.
- Pill-based Penny Brohn Cancer Care received £1,003.38 from the outlet on Feeder Road in Bristol.
- St David’s Hospice Care in Newport received £2,001.80 from the outlet on Newport Retail Park.
- Wessex Garages on Mercia Road in Gloucester raised £755.19 for Meningitis Now in Stroud.
- The Penarth Road dealership in Cardiff raised £1,526.99 for Noah’s Ark Children’s Hospital Charity.