Used car prices are a hot topic at the moment and on Car Dealer Live on May 18 we spoke to two experts.
Cazana CEO Tom Wood and director of insights Rupert Pontin helped navigate the way through the changing picture of prices.
With the trade ramping back up and dealerships hopefully heading back to work on June 1, how to price stock and what has happened to prices during the lockdown are critical business information.
We’ve covered this topic extensively over the past few weeks – speaking to experts from a host of businesses – and on this edition of Car Dealer Live we heard what Cazana thought will happen to used car prices.
Among the topics discussed with Car Dealer founder James Baggott were:
- Price range
- The difficulty of getting transaction prices
- What will happen later in the year, with the possibility of a recession
- The rental/leasing sector
- Classic vehicles
- How a scrappage scheme might affect the used car market
- Recommended vehicles to stock up on now
To watch the Car Dealer Live broadcast, you can see it here on this post.
If you subscribe to our YouTube channel you’ll get a notification when we go live with future broadcasts.
Coming up this week on Car Dealer Live we also have:
- Tuesday: Hendy’s Paul Hendy
- Wednesday: Tom Hartley
- Thursday: SsangYong’s Nick Laird and Jim Tyrrell
- Friday: Pendragon CEO Bill Berman
If you have any questions you’d like to ask any of the above you can submit them live during the broadcasts or you can send them to us via this website, or our social media channels including Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Join our WhatsApp group to get updates sent straight to your phone. Email us via the website here to get a link to join.
- Download the latest digital issue of Car Dealer Magazine Issue 147 for free here