Marshall Motor Group CEO Daksh Gupta believes five or six car dealers will soon break away from the pack and become ‘supergroups’ generating revenues of more than £5bn.
Speaking exclusively to Car Dealer for a feature in our new and redesigned digital issue, Gupta says he believes that within three to five years several groups will grow far bigger.
He said: ‘I think in the next three to five years you might see a number of groups breaking away into that £5bn plus category.
‘Whereas before I thought this might happen over eight to 10 years I now think the emergence of five or six supergroups will happen a lot faster.’
You can read what he had to say in full in our new-look digital Car Dealer Magazine, which is out today.
In the exclusive interview, Gupta also spoke about:
- How he’s helped steer his group to growth
- How he plans to be one of the super groups when the time is right
- How his businesses are performing now
- What sort of stimulus he’d like to see for the car industry
- And how he’s doing everything possible to protect jobs
We have redesigned Car Dealer Magazine so it is easier to read on a mobile or tablet. Simply click here to read the latest issue now.