Pendragon’s new car park CarStore offering, MG’s electric plans and will Fisker be a hit in the UK were just some of the stories on this week’s Car Dealer Podcast.
Car Dealer associate editor James Batchelor was in the hosting chair while Rebecca Chaplin takes some time away from the podcast.
He was joined by Car Dealer’s Jon Reay as they chatted about their favourite stories over the past seven days.
This week’s special guest was Steve Corwood, Motor Connect managing director.
Corwood described how sourcing high quality stock for his highly regarded used car operation is becoming increasingly tough.
Despite the challenges, he said he’s not inclined to reduce the quality of his stock in order to make a quick profit.
Corwood gave listeners valuable insight on the current pressures hitting the motor trade at large.
You can listen to the podcast now on Spotify, Apple Podcasts or by clicking play below.
Find out more about all of the stories mentioned by clicking below:
- Pendragon expands CarStore offering with launch of We Buy Any Car-style service
- Is Fisker’s Ocean set to make waves in the UK?
- Mercedes boss sees no end in sight for semiconductor shortage with crisis set to stretch into next year
- Musk says Tesla factories have become ‘gigantic money furnaces’
- Graham Macdonald to step down as Caterham CEO with Bob Laishley confirmed as replacement
- Revealed: Fastest selling used cars in June dominated by EVs as diesels declined
- MG unveils new EV with 280-mile range just weeks after taking entire electric range off sale
Each week on the Car Dealer Podcast, two of the team go head-to-head choosing their favourite stories of the week and an industry guest chooses who was best.