When stock is scarce car dealers need to think outside the box, but what about if you work in a very small niche?
Mat Clarke from Super Mini UK has a very specific type of stock, but even he is having to change what he sells to keep his showroom full.
He retails used Minis, between around three and five years old, but has had to stretch even his stock profile during this time.
This week he took some time out of his busy schedule, explaining that the majority of his customers are still buying remotely and wanting home delivery that he does all himself, to help us judge the Car Dealer Quiz.
Every week on the Car Dealer Podcast, James and Rebecca choose their favourite stories of the week and discuss them with an industry guest.
You can listen now to the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and more, or by clicking play below.
To find out more about any of the stories on this week’s show, you can click the links below.
- Is this the most amazing car dealership in Europe? We get an exclusive tour of Sytner’s Jaguar Land Rover monster site
- Marshall Motor Group on course for a record year as tailwinds continue to boost listed dealer group
- Vertu Motors shareholders stage rebellion against pay and bonuses for directors
- Used car dealer Motorpoint announces new purpose built vehicle preparation centre
- Independent car dealers look for ways to simplify processes following challenging year
- Audi to launch final internal combustion engine in 2026
- Vertu hikes profit forecasts once again but warns new car supply issues could cause it to falter
- Former Tesla executive sells nearly £200m in shares
- Aston Martin sues Swiss car dealer over withheld Valkyrie customer deposits
- Police hunting for gang who stole £55,000 worth of cars from dealership
If you’d like to be our guest judge on a future show you can get in touch via the contact form on the website or email [email protected]